viernes, 19 de agosto de 2011

Mexican Food?! Yes please!!! Yumm!! La Madre at Old San Juan


La Madre Mexican Restaurant at Old San Juan

Extremly delicious mexican food, can I say, Passion Fruit Margaritas, Lettuce Wrapped Fish Tacos, and good vibes.

Best deals!!! $5 margaritas, every night. You have a dozen to choose from and they are as good as a first kiss under the stars. Coconut, acerola, tamarindo, it was hard to pick a winner. Beautifully served, perfect amount of booze, cute martini glasses, I could have stayed there all night but reason called my name at some point.
We shared three appetizers (all under $10) and loved every bite of them. The salad of the house, La Madre, me thinks was just exceptional delivering a surprising explosion of flavors with every bite. Wonderfully fresh and satisfying, and perfectly dressed.
As for the fish tacos.....probably the best I have ever had in my life. Why can't they always be that way instead of being sad little pouches of pre-chewed fishy protein? WHY?!?!? La Madre was not what I would expect from a Mexican restaurant in Old San Juan. It's very chic and yet hipster-inspired, with old black and white cartoons playing on a big screen and an electic musical selection. The purple walls and the 3-D sculptures on them add to this vibe.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario